Care with Thrive Alliance
The Family Caregiver Program works to empower and support caregivers because strong families are the foundation of a thriving community.
If you are:
- A family caregiver to an older adult or someone with a disability.
- A grandparent or relative raising children.
- Residing in Bartholomew, Brown, Decatur, Jackson or Jennings County.
- In need of information on caregiver support, education, respite care.
- In need of assistance in accessing services and community resources.
Grandparents and Relatives Raising Children Support Group
Virtual monthly support group meets the second Tuesday of every month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. This support group offers a variety of caregiver topics, support, and tools to help the caregiver succeed in their caregiver journey. You can call 812-372-6918 for more information and to receive the Zoom link.
Caregiver of Older Adults Support Group
Virtual family caregiver support group meets the third Thursday of every month from 2:30 to 3:30 pm. These support groups offer a variety of caregiver topics, tools and community resources to help caregivers succeed in their caregiver journey. Call 812-372-6918 for more information and to receive the Zoom link.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers
Certified Class Leaders offer ‘Powerful Tools for Caregivers’, an evidence-based education course that empowers family caregivers. Topics include ‘Identifying and Reducing Personal Stress’ and ‘Mastering Caregiving Decisions’. Call for information on upcoming trainings.
Call the Family Caregiver Services Coordinator at 812-372-6918 for more information!